Waller BMX - Bike’s Explained
Below we've covered approximate BMX wheel sizes and frame sizes for different heights of rider.
* Height - 70cm to 90cm | Bike Size - Balance Bike.
* Height - 80cm to 110cm | Bike Size - 12" Wheel.
* Height - 90cm to 130cm | Bike Size - 14" Wheel.
* Height - 100cm to 140cm | Bike Size - 16" Wheel.
* Height - 130cm to 160cm | Bike Size - 18" Wheel.
* Height - 140cm to 155cm | Bike Size - 20" Wheel with 18" to 20.25" top tube.
* Height - 145cm to 175cm | Bike Size - 20" Wheel with 20.25" to 21" top tube.
* Height - 175cm + | Bike Size - 20" Wheel with 21" or longer top tube.
Skatepark - Shorter frames for maneuvering bike. Longer frames if you tend to flow and go high.
Trails/ Dirt Jumps - Longer frames and Chainstay (CS) lengths for stability.
Street - Shorter frames and CS length for quick technical grinds and rotations.
Race - Longer frames and CS length for stability at high speeds.
The higher end complete bikes usually have better specs. For example a basic model may have unsealed bearings in the wheels and a standard hi-tensile steel frame whereas a higher end complete bike may have sealed wheels and a much stronger full 4130 chromoly heat-treated frame which is better for a heavier rider.
Race bikes however may have a aluminium frame on a basic model and a carbon fiber frame on a higher spec model.
YOU CAN BROWSE BMX BIKES BY SIZE BY SELECTING THE IMAGES BELOW.