Waller BMX - Bike's Explained
Below we've covered approximate BMX wheel sizes and frame sizes for different heights of rider.
* Height - 70cm to 90cm | Bike Size - Balance Bike.
* Height - 100cm to 140cm | Bike Size - 16" Wheel.
* Height - 130cm to 160cm | Bike Size - 18" Wheel.
* Height - 140cm to 155cm | Bike Size - 20" Wheel with 18" to 20.25" top tube.
* Height - 145cm to 175cm | Bike Size - 20" Wheel with 20.25" to 21" top tube.
* Height - 175cm + | Bike Size - 20" Wheel with 21" or longer top tube.
The differences in shorter and longer top tubes lengths on the 20” bikes can also be rider preference based on the terrain you mostly ride. Below is a stereotype of the following riders.
Skatepark - Shorter frames for maneuvering bike. Longer frames if you tend to flow and go high.
Trails/ Dirt Jumps - Longer frames and Chainstay (CS) lengths for stability.
Street - Shorter frames and CS length for quick technical grinds and rotations.
Race - Longer frames and CS length for stability at high speeds.
The higher end complete bikes usually have better specs. For example a basic model may have unsealed bearings in the wheels and a standard hi-tensile steel frame whereas a higher end complete bike may have sealed wheels and a much stronger full 4130 chromoly heat-treated frame which is better for a heavier rider.
Race bikes however may have a aluminium frame on a basic model and a carbon fiber frame on a higher spec model.
YOU CAN BROWSE BMX BIKES BY SIZE BY SELECTING THE IMAGES BELOW.